Course created by Zuzana Bic
Principles of Public Health
Introduces the major concepts and principles of public health and the determinants of health status in communities. Emphasizes the ecological model that focuses on the linkages and relationships among multiple natural and social determinants affecting health.
- Lectures, Links and Videos each week
- Discussion Forum assigned topic each week
- Presentation a 5-minute audio narrative PowerPoint presentation with 6-10 slides and a peer review evaluation of a classmate’s presentation
- Research Paper based on the specific public health problem and will be the same topic as presentation
- Active Participation each week
- Quizzes 10 questions each for 7 quizzes
- Exams midterm and final exam; $15 fee for Proctor U for each exam
- Extra Credit up to 9 points of possible extra credit
More detailed information at the extended syllabus at your class website.
Registration opens: Nov 23, 2018
Registration ends: Jan 6, 2019
First day of instruction: Jan 7, 2019
Last day of instruction: May 15, 2019
Please click here to download a syllabus for this course.
Online proctoring by ProctorU: Costs vary; average cost is between $20 and $60 per course.
Zuzana Bic, DrPH, MUDr.